Sunday 23 October 2011

At least we don't have killer cockroaches

A friend of mine sent an email from her post in Rumbeck, which is a town in Lakes State, South Sudan.  She sent some photos of very large cockroaches with fangs.  Apparently this one was attacking the cat! They seem pretty nasty.  Thankfully I haven't run into any in Bentiu yet. 

On my run yesterday I saw a bobcat I think, it had a long tail and spots, was a bit bigger than your average cat.  I hope it wasn't eating the baby mongoose.  It's almost like I live on a safari.  Almost. 


Here is a photo of the mongoose outside our office.  On my run this evening I saw a whole pack, about 40, babies and all. 

Today I made a vegetable curry and after that I was so bored that I decided to wash my yoga mat.  Something that was needing to be done for a long time, particularly considering the fact that the mat used to belong to my mother.  It probably had 3 years of dead skin cells and sweat mingled in it.  A nice thought as you move into downward dog. 

2 comments:

  1. Tontine are now stamping 'expiry dates' onto their pillows as a marketing ploy. Pillow sales have jumped substantively since this new campaign.

    I watch the Gruen Transfer a lot. :P

    I really like your blog's background photo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog and interesting reading. Hasn’t been updated for a long time. Am looking forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete